A data breach has taken place at credit bureau Experian. Owing to the breach, data of around 15 million people who have applied for service with T-Mobile US Inc have been compromised. Connecticut's attorney general has said that investigation will take place into the matter.
In an announcement made on September 8, bigwig US wireless carrier Verizon said that it has efforts underway to launch field trials of its 5G wireless technology in 2016. The new technology is expected to become widely available to US consumers by 2020.
According to the announcement,...read more
On Thursday, the officials at the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) voted to reject a petition from T-Mobile and other smaller carriers seeking more federal protections in the 2016 radio-wave auction.
Via the petition, T-Mobile and its allies had requested the FCC to increase the...read more
Bigwig US wireless carrier AT&T has revealed in an announcement made on June 25 that it has earmarked an investment of US$3 billion in the mobile network in Mexico.
The massive investment-related announcement is noteworthy because AT&T forayed into the Mexican mobile service...read more
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on Thursday came to the rescue of the disgruntled consumers who can now promptly request the blocking of the undesired robocalls and automated text messages.
FCC announced in a statement,” As part of this package, the Commission has made clear...read more
In a bid to appease customers irked by having to work at Internet connection speeds of under 0.5MB per second after having subscribed for 3G and 4G unlimited data plans, American telecommunications organization, AT&T has brought in required changes.
Following the likes of Verizon, T-...read more
China Mobile Ltd. added about $21 billion of market value in Hong Kong after the firm reported increasing adoption of its 4G services.
The world's biggest wireless carrier surged 7.5% to HK$115.9 at the close of trade, the biggest gain in almost six years. In the first quarter, China...read more
Wireless carrier AT&T has made a massive investment of more than $950 million to enhance its best-in-class wireless and wired networks in Mississippi. The investment by AT&T spanned a three-year period --- from 2012 through 2014.
The investment made by AT&T for improving its...read more
According to a Re/code report, telecom major Verizon Communications has efforts underway to launch its own Internet video service in summer this year. The name of the streaming service being planned by Verizon has not yet been disclosed.
Verizon’s reported move to launch a streaming...read more
A semi-annual survey carried out by J. D. Power research firm has revealed that AT&T has bagged the top rank in terms of customer service satisfaction among US wireless carriers, for the July-December 2014 period. The latest rankings disclosed by J. D. Power are based on the results of the...read more
Telecom major Verizon announced that the company will allow customers to opt-out of the identifier placed on their phone due to privacy concerns raised by consumers and privacy advocates. The identifier, also termed as supercookie or zombie cookie, has the ability to track the browsing habits,...read more
Verizon Chief Financial Officer Fran Shammo has clarified that the telecom major has no plans to offer data rollover. During an interview with CNET, Shammo said that the largest telecom operator will not follow T-Mobile or AT&T to offer data rollover option to consumers.
In the...read more
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More