Several Olivet College students taken to hospital
At least thirty students of Olivet College were rushed to a nearby hospital on Wednesday after they experienced symptoms including dizziness, headache and nausea.
The students taken to the Hayes Green Beach Hospital's emergency room have since been released after being tested for Carbon Monoxide exposure.
The first cases of the symptoms were reported on Tuesday when two athletes living in Blair Hall dormitory met their trainer and reported dizziness. Initially, their symptoms were supposed to be caused by dehydration. But, more students went on reporting the same symptoms.
Kaylin Holley, a freshman at Olivet, said, "When all the commotion died down, we suddenly had three more male students, who also live in Blair, pass out unexpectedly. It's nerve wracking knowing that this could happen to anybody in a place where we have to live."
According to Olivet College spokesperson Molly Goaley, a total of 38 students were taken to the hospital on Tuesday and Wednesday. Nearly 25 of the admitted students lived in the men's dorm.
Officials from the Olivet Fire Department and Eaton Area EMS tested the college buildings but no building was tested positive for high levels of Carbon Monoxide.
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
- Samsung SDI to invest $849 million to expand EV battery plant in Hungary
- Pennsylvania Lottery on track to break revenue record: Drew Svitko
- Frigid temperatures & ice storms force Oklahoma Cherokee casinos to close again
- Former Las Vegas 311 Boyz gang member & his girlfriend nabbed in Idaho
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More