Michigan gasoline price decline expected to continue
The average price of regular, unleaded gasoline in the Muskegon and some other parts of Michigan has declined by nearly a quarter since last week, figures released by Dearborn-based auto club AAA showed.
According to AAA's latest Daily Fuel Gauge Report, average gasoline price across the state declined 13 cents week-on-week to $3.48 per gallon on Monday. Prices in some areas are now lower than where they were a year ago, down by nearly 3 cents.
In the Muskegon, Holland and Grand Rapids area, the fuel declined by 20 cents, from $3.64 a week ago to $3.44 per gallon on Monday this week.
While motorists in the city of Muskegon were buying gasoline for between $3.41 per gallon and $3.51 per gallon; Fremont fuel stations were charging motorists $3.28 per gallon.
The report also predicted that the ongoing decline in gasoline prices will likely continue in the coming weeks as a change in season just a week away. The EPA's summer gasoline requirements have also ended, which will allow energy giants to produce fuel at a cheaper rate.
Avery Ash, an analyst with AAA, pointed out earlier in September that the period of September 15-19 would mark the start of the transition to cheaper, winter-blend gasoline.
However, some energy experts have warned that geopolitical instability, devastating hurricanes or other similar calamities could disrupt production, causing price hikes.
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
- Samsung SDI to invest $849 million to expand EV battery plant in Hungary
- Pennsylvania Lottery on track to break revenue record: Drew Svitko
- Frigid temperatures & ice storms force Oklahoma Cherokee casinos to close again
- Former Las Vegas 311 Boyz gang member & his girlfriend nabbed in Idaho
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More