Pre-dawn tornado causes significant damages in Rochester Hills
The recent damage in one of the Oakland County neighborhoods was caused by a pre-dawn tornado, a team of experts from the National Weather Service (NWS) has confirmed.
The NWS said the tornado hit the Rochester Hills neighborhood at around 6 a. m. on Sunday, tearing off roofs of some houses in the region and knocking down many mature trees. It caused significant damages, but no one luckily got injured.
Lee Rasona, a resident of the area, said the tornado was fierce and it hit the area apparently without any warning.
Nearly half a dozen homes in the Fairview Farms subdivision of Rochester Hills were intensely impacted by the tornado.
Utility crews assured that there were no damages structurally to gas lines. However, the natural calamity forced some residents to evacuate their damaged homes.
Earlier on Saturday night, powerful storms caused massive power outages in the Romulus area. A DTE spokesperson confirmed that Belleville suffered as many as 3,500 weather related power failures.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More