Lakewood wins East Lansing Invite
The Lakewood girls' golf squad shot 363 out of 14 teams and grabbed top honors in the East Lansing Invite held on Monday. The teams included five ranked teams from across the state. Kennedy Hilley shot 83, while Emily Baker finished with a score of 84. Hilley and Baker grabbed second and third spots, respectively. Amelia Pezzetti of Traverse City Central was medalist with a score of 81.
Taylor Hopkins and Savannah Ackley shot 94 and 102, respectively.
Lakewood coach Carl Kutch praised the girls, saying she was very proud of them for their ability to pooling their resources.
Praising the girls, Carl said, "This is a huge step for our team and this program. It ranks up there with one of the top tournament wins for the girls' golf program. I am so proud of these kids and how they pulled everything together."
Speaking about Hilley, Carl said she managed the course very nicely and putted finely on some tough greens. Hilley has been to the tournament four times so far, and it was her best performance this season.
When asked about Baker, Carl said she played an excellent round by hitting 12 fairways and 9 greens in regulation. Carl added that Baker had become so consistent that the team could depend on her for earning a solid score.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More