Hawaii Officials Issue Hurricane Ana Alert
It has been reported that Hurricane Ana was figuring a path south of Hawaii, as it sent strong waves pulsating some shorelines and producing strong winds that forced the officials to urge caution.
Weather forecasters late Friday said that there were fewer chances for hurricane conditions on the islands. But they said winds were expected to reach nearly 40 mph.
Chris Brenchley, a weather service meteorologist, said that any of the islands might have to face the tropical storm impacts therefore it is necessary for all to prepare and plan.
Forecasters reported that waves are expected to crest 10 to 15 feet on both the North and South shores of Hawaii's islands late Saturday and to remain tall through Sunday.
The National Weather Service on Friday said that Ana became a Category 1 hurricane about 230 miles south of Hilo with maximum sustained winds of 80 mph. However, on Friday afternoon, waves on the south shores on the Big Island were swelling up to about 15-foot.
But waves on Oahu remained small on Friday morning, where surfers and paddle boarders enjoyed rides at Waikiki Beach.
Brenchley said that it is expected that the hurricane might gradually weaken to become a tropical storm again by early Sunday morning.
Tourists Kim and Adam Stocker, 49, from New Hampshire said that they visited the Big Island's West side for the first time and will enjoy their vacations to the best and will not let the storm to spoil their vacation.
Adam Stocker said, "It's like 'I don't care, I'm going. Hurricane or not.I got the time off. It's already paid for".
Gov. Neil Abercrombie declared an emergency to help the state respond to the storm. The Hawaii chapter of the American Red Cross has planned to open evacuation shelters on the Big Island. On the other hand, Island Air planned to suspend its Maui and lanai flights of Saturday afternoon and all flights of Sunday, but the airports will remain opened.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More