2014 Golden Joysticks awards: 'Dark Souls II' named Game of the Year
At the recently-held 32nd Golden Joysticks awards ceremony in London, 'Dark Souls II' bagged the Game of the Year award; while Hideo Kojima received a Lifetime Achievement Award.
The 'Dark Souls II' is a game on par across all gaming platforms; thanks largely to the fact that it boasts a much required fine-tuning in controls and graphical freedom to facilitate the transition from consoles to PC - something which the original Dark Souls title lacked. However, rising beyond the fanboyism, Dark Souls II essentially continues with brutal play, because of which both Demon Souls and Dark Souls were cult hits.
Just like the previous Dark Souls titles, the Dark Souls II game also has a tough gameplay; with the title essentially refusing to let go of the gamers' hands as they progress through its changeable environments.
Meanwhile, other than Dark Souls II grabbing the top gaming award at the 2014 Golden Joysticks awards ceremony, some of the other winners announced at the event included 'DayZ' which bagged the Best Original Game award; 'Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft' which was named the Best Online Game; 'The Last of Us: Left Behind' for Best Storytelling.
Among several other winners, 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' won awards for Best Visual Design as well as Best Audio; while 'Battlefield 4' was named the Best Multiplayer; and 'Oculus Rift DK2' won the Innovation of the Year award.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More