Swarms of Harlequin Ladybird invade various parts of England
Several people in Britain have reported swarms of ladybirds in their gardens and homes. It is the harlequin ladybird, a foreign species that is behind this invasion.
Harlequins are being blamed for munching on the native species and spreading all over the shores.
This situation has raised a big concern because it is believed that most harlequins are carriers of sexually transmitted disease like the Laboulbeniales fungal disease. This specie also poses a major threat to the native 'English' ladybirds.
Harlequin ladybirds are regarded as the most invasive ladybird species on earth.
Several city people in Plymouth reported seeing swarms of the flying ladybirds larger and more voracious than their UK cousins, clustered on their windowsills and gardens.
One Paignton resident said, "They're everywhere. Every time I open a window to try to get some of them out, another load come in! I've never seen anything quite like it".
Another resident, Elisha Searl, stated that her house was covered with these.
A lot of people tweeted in this respect. One of the users, Hilary Keeley, tweeted, "Ladybird invasion!" She affirmed that there were different varieties of these insects in her garden and her daughter collected about 10 of these in a pot.
Acting on the current ongoing situation, a survey group has been set up to keep a track of its spread.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More