West Virginia University Suspends Fraternities and Sororities Activities
Police and school officials said on Thursday that West Virginia University has suspended all activities by campus fraternities and sororities because a student was found without a pulse at a fraternity house.
Ed Preston, the police chief of Morgantown, where the school is located, 75 miles south of Pittsburgh, said that Nolan Burch was not breathing at the time when he was found at the Kappa Sigma fraternity house on Tuesday.
According to Preston, police came to find CPR being administered to Burch and he was taken to hospital and kept in intensive care.
After this incident occurred, the school has taken the action to suspend all sorority and fraternity social and pledging activities.
Dean of Students Corey Farris and other school officials said that the action taken to stop fraternity and sorority activities is being done for the well-being and safety of our students.
"Our hearts, prayers and support go out to the student who is gravely ill and his family", said the officials in a joint statement, citing Tuesday's emergency and another recent event.
According to Broadcaster WDTV reports, last week a separate fraternity was suspended after three arrests and 16 citations of students in another incident that had taken place.
Corey Farris, dean of students, said that some activities may be permitted but with prior permission from the university like chapter meetings and other events that were previously planned.
According to a press release, suspension was done after two recent incidents that occurred, one is the yesterday's 911 call to get emergency medical assistance for Kappa Sigma pledge Nolan Burch and other is the November 6 immature drinking incident that occurred in South Park linking Sigma Chi pledges.
By seeing the recent incident, WVU officials, the Inter-Fraternity Council and Panhellenic Council met and talked about the issue and finally took decision of suspension. They all have also released a joint statement.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More