BMW unveils 2015 X6 M Sport Activity Coupe
BMW unveiled its 2015 X6 M Sport Activity Coupe (SAC) at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show on Wednesday.
Going by the details shared by BMW, the newly-introduced X6 M is a high-performance version of the company's standard X6. Since the handling of a vehicle the size of the near-5,000 pound X6 M is the most important aspect for M performance, the new electric power steering of the vehicle gives it greater flexibility. In addition, the X6 M enhances steering sensitivity for the drivers by giving them three different settings.
The BMW 2015 X6 M features a 4.4-liter V-8 engine under the hood, with dual twin scroll turbochargers like the engine of the company's M5 sedan. However, the engine of X6 M has been tuned by BMW to bring the output of the vehicle up to a 567-horsepower peak from 6,000 to 6,500rpm; with 553 pound-feet of torque coming on at 2,200 and up to 5,000rpm.
BMW has revealed that the new X6 M - with a base price of $103,050 - boasts a lot of power, and can accelerate from zero to 62 mph in merely 4.2 seconds.
Moreover, a BMW spokesperson has also disclosed at the Auto Show that the X6 M's transmission has been refined for speedy shifts; and the vehicle uses a lock-up clutch for ensuring an M-worthy performance. The spokesperson also said that the steering wheel of the X6 M has paddle shifters which will give the drivers quick manual gear changes.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More