Honda motorcycle division has put together milestone 300-millionth motorcycle
Honda has revealed in a recent announcement that it has achieved a new production milestone in motorcycles --- the motorcycle division of the company has put together the 300-millionth motorcycle to be rolled off its production line.
According to the announcement made by Honda, the '300 million' mark in motorcycle production was reached by the company in September 2014. To celebrate the milestone achievement, the company - which started mass production of motorcycles in 1949 with the Dream Type-D motorcycle - had held a small ceremony.
Going by the information shared by Honda, the company's 300-millionth motorcycle was a Gold Wing 40th Anniversary Edition. The milestone motorcycle slipped down the production line at Honda's main Kumamoto motorbike factory in Japan in September.
The milestone Gold Wing 40th Anniversary Edition motorcycle manufactured by Honda weighs 423kg, and is priced at $24,000. The motorcycle is powered by a 1.8-litre six-cylinder boxer engine with 87kW of power and 167Nm of torque.
Some of the most noteworthy features of the Gold Wing 40th Anniversary Edition motorcycle include tyre-pressure monitoring, lockable glovebox, ABS, heated seats and grips, airbag, satellite navigation, iPod connectivity, and - in North America - satellite radio.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More