AAA: Elderly drivers generally end to be ‘safer’ drivers
A new study carried out by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety has revealed that elderly drivers are generally 'safer drivers as compared to their younger counterparts. The study also found that over 70 percent US senior citizens back tougher rules for elderly drivers.
According to the findings of the study, more than 76 percent senior citizens favor health screenings for elderly drivers; and nearly 74 percent of them believe that elderly should have to renew their license personally.
However, at present, only 33 states and the District have the requisite additional provisions for the country's elderly drivers.
Nonetheless, going by the AAA study, even though elderly drivers have a reputation for being slow and collision-prone, 99 percent senior citizens claim that they have never met with an accident. In fact, they have not even has a moving violation in the last two years.
Asserting that they have heeded the warnings about the perils of distracted driving, nearly 34 percent of the senior citizens aged 75 and older told AAA that they have never talked on their cellphones while driving. In a stark comparison, a whopping 82 percent of younger drivers, aged between 25 and 39 years, have admitted having used their cellphones while driving.
In reference to the findings of the AAA study, Jurek Grabowski - AAA's research director - said: "Older drivers tend to wear their seat belts more often. They tend to drink and drive less, and so they tend to be general safer drivers."
- LG Chem to supply battery cells for Tesla’s Model Y electric SUV in China
- GiG extends sports-betting partnership with North Macedonia casino operator KAK DOO Skopje
- Payment Options for Indian Bettors on Online Casinos Operating in India
- Ohio’s Mahoning Valley Race Course cancels live horse racing for 2 weeks after employee tests positive for Covid-19
- Arcimoto creates new Roadster model by chopping top off 3-wheeled e-car’s top
New Zealand News
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
- Almost 90% of new electricity production in 2020 will be renewable: EPA
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More