U-M Flint students celebrate graduation at Perani Arena
The University of Michigan-Flint on Sunday organized commencement ceremony at Perani Arena, where as many as 360 students celebrated their graduation degrees.
Activities at the ceremony included speeches from some new graduates as well as alumnus like Todd Rowden, a graduated from the university in 1986. Rowden is currently serving Thompson Coburn LLP's Chicago office as a managing partner.
Among those celebrating with family and friends were Justin Bailey, who earned a bachelor's degree in nursing; and Nnamdi Eze, who earned his doctorate in physical therapy after receiving his bachelor's degree from the Nigeria-based University of Ibadan.
Eze, who now lives in the Washington D. C. area, said he earned a degree because of the requirement for those specializing in his field back in Nigeria, where there is a huge demand for physical therapists. He added that he had plans to move to Flint for further study. Eventually, he plans to return to Nigeria to help elevate standards of physical therapy.
Happiness Kala, a fellow doctorate of physical therapy graduate, is already practicing as a physical therapist.
Speaking about her experience, she said, "U-M Flint came to talk about the program three years ago. My friend who was already enrolled told me about it."
She added that she found the online classes somewhat exhausting because time difference between the U. S. and Nigeria. Some classes would be in the middle of the night, and she would have to wake up early for work on the next morning.
Yunpeng Zheng, a Guangzhou, China native, said he moved to the city of Flint after deciding to enroll in the IT systems program at the university. But, later he switched to business because he was more interested in the economic side of a computer information systems company. He also plans to return home to China to set up his own business.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More