Amazon Prime adds 10 million new customers
Online retailer Amazon shared that the company added 10 million new members to its Prime shipping and digital content over the holiday season.
Amazon has been successful in adding more members to its prime membership which costs $99 per year. Amazon prime offered free two-day shipping, streaming of select songs and movies.
Amazon also shared that 60 percent of the sales registered on its website originated from mobile devices in 2014. Amazon reported strong sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Amazon will offer one-hour shipping of goods bought on its website to prime customers in future. Amazon has been testing delivery of good using drones in select places. The aviation authority has not given a green signal for commercial use of drones.
In an official statement, CEO Jeff Bezos said, "We are working hard to make Prime even better and expanding the recently launched Prime Now to additional cities in 2015."
Amazon’s Fire phone has not been able to generate the sales that CEO Jeff Bezos was expecting. The company recently offered massive discount to improve the sales numbers for Fire phone.
However, many customers might have taken advantage of the 30-day trial. Amazon has been facing tough times this year. The company reported $544 million operating loss in third quarter. The holiday season sales could offer some relief but investors are already expecting lower earnings in the coming quarters.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More