Acura, Ford unveil new supercars at Detroit Auto Show
The new-vehicle unveilings at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit included the launch of two supercars --- the all-new Acura NSX and the Ford GT. Both the high-performance vehicles are being manufactured in the US.
Honda-owned Acura's new NSX is the latest incarnation of the 1990s supercar which most fans are apparently familiar with. The new Acura NSX boasts the inclusion of a horde of modern technologies, such as a twin-turbocharged V-6 engine which can supposedly deliver more than 550 horsepower.
The new Acura NSX is an all-wheel drive car with a hybrid drivetrain. The car uses a gasoline engine for driving the rear wheels, and electric motors for driving its front wheels. The car - to be priced at approximately $150,000 - will be manufactured at an Ohio plant; and is scheduled to hit the markets before the end of 2015.
The other newly-unveiled supercar, the Ford GT, is a next-generation version of a model which Ford sold in 2005 and 2006. The car boasts a sleek, aerodynamic design; and is equipped with a powerful twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 which is capable of delivering more than 600 horsepower.
The new Ford GT is scheduled to hit the assembly line in 2016; with the cost of the car having not yet been officially disclosed by Ford.
- GM takes wraps off BrightDrop EV600 all-electric delivery van
- GM teases automobile enthusiasts with mysterious electric vehicles at CES
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More