DNR Confirms Video Evidence of Male Cougar Captured in Upper Michigan
Video evidence of a male cougar has been confirmed by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR). According to DNR, the video was captured in Upper Michigan.
The DNR said for the 28th time cougar evidence has been confirmed since 2008. Two hunters from Remus have taken the footage at a deer killing site. A 60-second video of the cat feeding on a deer carcass in Mackinac County has been posted by the DNR on Facebook.
The hunters made use of trail camera in order to capture video of the male cougar frequently coming back to the deer kill site to consume. According to DNR, cougars were originally native to Michigan and the last identified cougar taken in the wild occurred back in 1906 near Newberry.
In the past century, there were many periodic reports of cougar sightings and also there were many sighting reports from various locations in Michigan since 2008. According to DNR, the reappearance of wild cougars is not unique to Michigan. It has also been taking place in various other states in the Midwest and east. In Minnesota and Wisconsin, cougars have been spotted many times in the recent years.
The Minnesota DNR report on its website that the number of confirmed observations of cougar shows that cougar occurrence in Minnesota is the outcome of transient animals from the Western Dakotas. The DNR is motivating people who think that they have proof of a cougar, such as a photo, animal tracks, or scat to contact their local DNR office or report it online.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More