Fiat Chrysler recalls nearly 703,000 vehicles in US over ignition-switch fault
According to a Bloomberg report, nearly 703,000 vehicles are being recalled by Fiat Chrysler because of ignition-switch issues. Documents related to the major safety recall were posted by the automaker on the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website on Friday.
Going by the recall-related details shared by Fiat Chrysler in the documents, the recall affects nearly 703,000 sports utility vehicles (SUVs) and minivans in the US. The vehicles being recalled by the automaker include 2008-2010 models of Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country minivans. In addition, the recall also affects 2009-2010 Dodge Journey SUVs.
As per the Bloomberg report, Fiat Chrysler has said in the documents posted on the NHTSA website that the ignition-switch defect prompting the recall can cause the engines of the affected vehicles to turn off suddenly.
Elaborating on the defect, Fiat Chrysler said that faulty ignition switches in the vehicles being recalled can potentially rotate out of position; thereby causing the vehicles to stop, or lose power. The problem can also apparently disable the airbags of the affected vehicles.
The nearly 703,000 SUVs and minivans with faulty ignition switches are being recalled by Fiat Chrysler so that the problem can be fixed. For the 2008-2009 vehicles, the recall will start in April; while the 2010 vehicles will be recalled in August.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More