Fiat Chrysler recalls nearly 703,000 vehicles in US over ignition-switch fault
According to a Bloomberg report, nearly 703,000 vehicles are being recalled by Fiat Chrysler because of ignition-switch issues. Documents related to the major safety recall were posted by the automaker on the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website on Friday.
Going by the recall-related details shared by Fiat Chrysler in the documents, the recall affects nearly 703,000 sports utility vehicles (SUVs) and minivans in the US. The vehicles being recalled by the automaker include 2008-2010 models of Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country minivans. In addition, the recall also affects 2009-2010 Dodge Journey SUVs.
As per the Bloomberg report, Fiat Chrysler has said in the documents posted on the NHTSA website that the ignition-switch defect prompting the recall can cause the engines of the affected vehicles to turn off suddenly.
Elaborating on the defect, Fiat Chrysler said that faulty ignition switches in the vehicles being recalled can potentially rotate out of position; thereby causing the vehicles to stop, or lose power. The problem can also apparently disable the airbags of the affected vehicles.
The nearly 703,000 SUVs and minivans with faulty ignition switches are being recalled by Fiat Chrysler so that the problem can be fixed. For the 2008-2009 vehicles, the recall will start in April; while the 2010 vehicles will be recalled in August.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More