Verizon reportedly planning to launch its own Internet video service this summer
According to a Re/code report, telecom major Verizon Communications has efforts underway to launch its own Internet video service in summer this year. The name of the streaming service being planned by Verizon has not yet been disclosed.
Verizon’s reported move to launch a streaming service underscores an evident attempt by the company to inch back towards the video streaming arena. Five months back, Verizon had dumped its Redbox Instant service; the company’s earlier effort to challenge Netflix and other established streaming services.
The Internet video service which Verizon plans to launch will incorporate host of content which the company has recently acquired from DreamWorks’ AwesomenessTV division in a multi-year deal. Details on programming have not yet been shared by Verizon.
As per the Re/code report, the Verizon Internet video service will be available on mobile devices; and will chiefly target teenagers and families. The service will be available only in the US.
About Verizon’s plans pertaining to the Internet video service, the Re/code report said that the company has stated that “Awesomeness will provide more than 200 hours of new shows for the service.” Verizon has also said that the service will be “broken up into two channels: An AwesomenessTV channel aimed at teens and millennials, and a DreamWorksTV channel for families.”
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More