Better sleep linked to higher libido among women in University of Michigan Research
Women who sleep more than average, have higher libido, according to latest study results released by research team at the University of Michigan Sleep and Circadian Research Laboratory. The research team asked 171 female participants to record their sleep pattern, time and sexual desire for two weeks.
Over the two weeks, level of arousal, quality of sleep, sleep hours and sexual activity during the last 24 hours was recorded on a daily basis. Women who slept an hour extra than average, were found with higher sexual desire.
After having a better sleep, the chance of engaging in sexual activity was higher by 14 percent, the next day. The research team also accounted for tiredness, age and feelings of happiness or sadness among the study individuals. The research team has not indicated anything regarding what could be reason for heightened sexual desire. Earlier studies have linked sleep with change in hormone levels, which could increase libido.
Study lead author David Kalmbach said, “Our study showed that good sleep is important for healthy sexual desire and arousal in women, even when women are mentally and medically healthy. I think these findings suggest that taking a closer look at sleep health in women with sexual complaints is a worthwhile endeavor as poor sleep may lead to sexual problems."
The detailed study results have been published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More