Michigan selected as partner for travel destination photos for Google Maps
At the Pure Michigan Governor's Conference on Tourism, held at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan was announced as the first Midwest state to team up with Google for making photos of travel destinations available via Google Maps.
The partnership between Pure Michigan and Google was announced at the Michigan Tourism Conference by Lt. Gov. Brian Calley, Travel Michigan VP David West, and Steve Silverman from Google Maps.
As a result of the team-up between Google and Pure Michigan, pictures of a number of tourist destinations will be viewable online through Google Street View with 360-degree imagery. The tourist attractions which will feature in Google Maps images will include the Mackinac Island, Sleeping Bear Dunes, and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, among others.
The tourist destination images making their way into Google Maps will be from among the over 44,000 panoramic pictures which were clicked by members and volunteers of the Pure Michigan team and the Michigan Department of Natural Resources last fall. The photos were clicked with the help of the Google Trekker backpack system which has a camera mounted on its top.
Noting that the breathtakingly-beautiful images will be “globally accessible on Google Maps,” Calley said in a statement: “This initiative combines our natural beauty with innovative technology in a way that really speaks to all that Michigan has to offer visitors, residents, and businesses alike.”
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More