REM Be Careful as Prime Tick Season underway
Tick season is going on and at this time of year, it is widespread. In fact, dermatologists have shared that they are regularly seeing patients with ticks. There are people who do not even realize that parasites were stuck on them.
Roberto Cortinas, UNL Asst. Professor for School of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, said the American dog tick and the Lone star tick are the most troubling in Nebraska. At this time of the year, ticks are out, active and waiting to latch on.
“The overall trend in our winters has become to be milder and so we have seen the progression of the Lone star tick northward”, affirmed Cortinas. Experts affirmed that on national level, the number of ticks remains almost same year after year, but the diseases caused by these pests have climbed.
Kearney Dermatologist Dr. Sharon Bond said of all, Rocky Mountain spotted fever (RMSF) is the worst and life threatening. Its symptoms include fever than progressing to a rash, which can start two weeks after an exposure. But as per experts, it can be treated with antibiotics.
It shall, however, be noted that it can be difficult to diagnose if one does not have a rash with the fever. The rash starts like a measles from ankles and then moves on to wrists and it then moves on palms and soles and then up to the body.
The other problem is Lyme disease, which is more commonly found on the east coast and takes longer to treat. Health experts have recommended that if one is out for a long time then you need to be careful. Wear long pants and full sleeves shirts.
Take a tweezers to remove a tick in which you need start at the base of skin and pull directly up. It is best to take off ticks in less than 24 hours as there are fewer chances for disease transmission.
- GM takes wraps off BrightDrop EV600 all-electric delivery van
- GM teases automobile enthusiasts with mysterious electric vehicles at CES
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More