DTW North Terminal Closed Amid Suspicious Situation
A hoax call by a man, who left his laptop at a ticket counter of the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, had the airport authorities on their feet.
As reported by Brian Lassaline, Airport spokesperson, a portion of the north terminal of the airport had to be sealed this Saturday, after a suspicious man was arrested, along with his laptop. The authorities claimed they had a situation after the man made some comments that caused concern.
The north terminal, along with its south checkpoint, was partially evacuated at around 3:00 PM and the same was re-opened by 4:30 PM. The airport authorities relayed the message on their official twitter account.
Lassaline said that the north terminal resumed operation, following the clearance of the laptop, though the man was still in custody. He also said that the matter was pending investigation and he had no more details of the same.
What has come out as a possible reason for the sudden evacuation, was a bomb threat. However, Lassaline stated that he had no information as to what had been conveyed to the passengers by the staff at the ticket counter and he, therefore, declined to comment any further.
The situation caused commotion at the airport and led to delay in some flights. It also led to anxiety among the passengers stalled outside.
Such reckless behavior from citizens should not be allowed to go away scot-free. Anyone tampering with a sensitive issue such as security should be properly taken to task.
- Violent protests could discourage some guests from returning to Las Vegas casinos when they reopen
- Casino magnate Derek Stevens buys 1,000 flight tickets to help boost Las Vegas’ struggling economy
- What You Should Consider While Choosing the Best CBD Products?
- Virginia’s Hard Rock Bristol Casino proposal receives positive feedback from area residents
- Illinois Senate Approves Chicago Casino Plan
New Zealand News
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
- Tensions between US and China may hurt Las Vegas’ Casino Revenue
- Nevada Gaming Watchdog forces Casinos to submit their reopening plans
- Star Entertainment announces $2.3bn funding for Queen’s Wharf casino resort in Brisbane
- Air New Zealand announces layoff for 300 engineering and Maintenance jobs
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More
On the eve of Christmas season and with the...Read More
Do you hate fingerprints on your car’s infotainment...Read More