DTW North Terminal Closed Amid Suspicious Situation
A hoax call by a man, who left his laptop at a ticket counter of the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, had the airport authorities on their feet.
As reported by Brian Lassaline, Airport spokesperson, a portion of the north terminal of the airport had to be sealed this Saturday, after a suspicious man was arrested, along with his laptop. The authorities claimed they had a situation after the man made some comments that caused concern.
The north terminal, along with its south checkpoint, was partially evacuated at around 3:00 PM and the same was re-opened by 4:30 PM. The airport authorities relayed the message on their official twitter account.
Lassaline said that the north terminal resumed operation, following the clearance of the laptop, though the man was still in custody. He also said that the matter was pending investigation and he had no more details of the same.
What has come out as a possible reason for the sudden evacuation, was a bomb threat. However, Lassaline stated that he had no information as to what had been conveyed to the passengers by the staff at the ticket counter and he, therefore, declined to comment any further.
The situation caused commotion at the airport and led to delay in some flights. It also led to anxiety among the passengers stalled outside.
Such reckless behavior from citizens should not be allowed to go away scot-free. Anyone tampering with a sensitive issue such as security should be properly taken to task.
- Del Lago Casino’s furloughed worker creates petition to reopen as operator planning to lay off over 1,000 staff
- Oklahoma will have to bear cost of poorly negotiated gaming compact deal with Native American tribes: Governor Stitt
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More