Michigan Couple with 13 Boys in a Row!
In a rather extraordinary report from Grand Rapids, a Michigan couple, who were already parents to 12 boys, welcomed boy No. 13!
Jay Schwandt and Kateri Schwandt, residents of Rockford, north of Grand Rapids, welcomed their 13th baby boy on Wednesday, May 13, as reported by Associated Press. Kateri, 40, gave birth to the baby a few days later than the due date of May 9. The baby weighed about 9 pounds and was 22 inches long.
Kateri, who appeared on ABC-TV's ‘Good Morning America’ earlier in the month, had hoped that she would give birth to a boy, keeping the male streak alive. However, her husband had wanted a girl this time. The father once again wished to reveal the details of their newly born on Thursday’s episode of ‘Good Morning America’. The couple has yet to name their 13th boy.
What is admirable about the couple is that they had never gone in for sex determination of their babies. Kateri told in an interview that she found motherhood ‘very rewarding’ and she had a lot of experience of large families, as she herself had 13 siblings.
Kateri referred to her kids as pieces of her and went on saying, “Every day is Mother's Day. They will bring me flowers that they pick in the yard. Even if it's a dandelion, it's special because they were thinking of Mom". Her other children range from 1 ½ to 22 years of age.
In the US, where the average family size stands at 3.14 (according to 2010 census), having 13 children is quite an achievement. According to CNN, Schwandt’s is a unique case as having 13 sons in a row happens once in 8,000 times - roughly the same chances as those of having natural triplets.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand
New Zealand News
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
- ACMA asks Fortune Clock Casino and Dinkum customers to withdraw funds or risk losing money permanently
- Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming EQ electric cars to allow users to choose the sound they want to vehicle to make
- Mohegan Gaming-led consortium reportedly files bid for license to build & operate Athens casino
- Eyas Gaming Ltd eager to enter Germany’s regulated online gaming space
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More