Microsoft’s Xbox One surpasses PS4 in sales during April
A report on Friday revealed what has happened first time this year, Microsoft’s Xbox One outsold Sony’s PS4 in April!
Microsoft's Xbox One has finally become the top-selling, home gaming console in the US. Microsoft announced that the monthly sales in the US have set a new record, while the number of users for Xbox Live is at an all-time high.
Mike Nichols, Xbox marketing Head, stated,” Xbox One console sales in the US increased 63% in April 2015 compared to April 2014 and Xbox Live comparisons showed the number of active global users of Xbox One and Xbox 360 grew 24%”.
Estimates have approximated the total Xbox sales at 12 million units worldwide, while Sony's PlayStations’ 20 million units have been sold during the same period.
This increase in the sales of Microsoft’s gaming systems is promising, as the consumers were neither lured by slashing prices, nor were they attracted by certain freebies.
The last time, Xbox One edged out the PS4 as America's most popular video game system, was because of a $50 drop in price of the $350 Xbox One, along with special edition consoles that included Assassin's Creed Unity or Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in the bundle.
In its April report, the research firm, NPD Group stated that the gaming industry saw a boost in sales, with the sales of video game hardware and software in US rising by 3% in April.
Hardware sales saw an increase in terms of the number of physical units sold, but dipped 4% in average pricing, as the prices of the games decreased. On the software front, game sales continued to rise, with Mortal Kombat X taking the No. 1 spot.
According to NPD, the top five selling games in april were; ‘Mortal Kombat’, ‘Grand Theft Auto V’, ‘Battlefield: Hardline’, ‘MLB 15: The Show’ and ‘Minecraft’.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More