Social media use by IS ‘moron’ catches US intelligence officers’ attention
Islamic State militants may be experts in killing innocent people but are definitely not adept in making use of social media, a recent incident revealed.
An Islamic State "moron" was trying to propagate his group's capabilities through a social media site but he mistakenly caught the attention of intelligence officers positioned in Florida. Soon, U.S. airmen were dropping bombs on the moron and his colleagues.
Revealing the incident, General Carlisle said, "The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they're combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command. So they do some work, about 22 hours later through that very building, three [joint direct attack munitions] take that entire building out."
Islamic State militants have long been using social media to attract and recruit foreign fighters, particularly vulnerable young men. They have been using social media for everything, ranging from propagating their group to post videos and images of atrocities in the Middle East.
Blocking the militant group's access to social media has this far proven largely impossible as centralized IS Facebook and Twitter accounts have given way to a very broad network of users who post widely and frequently.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More