Apple scraps Beats’ Wi-Fi-connected speaker project
According to a Variety report, tech giant Apple has scrapped the project under which Beats Electronics - a company acquired by Apple for $3 billion last year - was developing a Wi-Fi connected speaker system.
The report, citing "multiple sources familiar with the project," Apple has decided not to work on Beats Electronics' project pertaining to a Wi-Fi-connected speaker which would have allowed users to stream and play music directly from the Internet.
The Wi-Fi-connected speaker system was under development at Beats Electronics when the company was purchased by Apple in May 2014. The project involving the mentioned speaker system - which could connect to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC - was initially proposed to be launched in 2014, but it has not taken off till now.
By developing its own Wi-Fi-connected speaker system, Beats Electronics apparently planned to challenge its rivals like SunOS and Google Cast.
Meanwhile, with regard to Apple's decision to scrap the project which would have given the company its own wireless speaker, Variety's unidentified 'inside' sources have revealed that Apple seemingly ran into several problems when it attempted to create the Wi-Fi-connected speaker from scratch. As a result, the company finally decided to scrap the project.
- Propella 4.0 7-speed e-bike brings numerous upgrades over previous version
- EPA range ratings for Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo released
- Tesla Model S Plaid comes with new, much more efficient electric motor technology
- Fresno tribal casino plans hit roadblock again as California court sides with opponents
- Las Vegas Judge dismisses bid to sue Genting for Resorts World Manila deadly attack
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More