Nintendo launches ‘Earthbound Beginnings’ RPG on Wii U Virtual Console in US, Europe
Kicking off the Nintendo World Championships event days ahead of the Electronic Entertainment Expo gaming tradeshow in Los Angeles, Nintendo announced a surprise reveal --- the West-side release of its 1989 role-playing game (RPG) ‘Mother’ under the title ‘Earthbound Beginnings.’
According to the disclosure made by Nintendo, Earthbound Beginnings is now available on the Wii U Virtual Console download service, in the US and European markets. The game can be purchased on the Wii UeShop store for $7.
Going by the details shared by Nintendo, Earthbound Beginnings RPG unfolds a unique twist to the Japanese publisher’s original Mother game which it launched on the Famicom system back in 1989.
Though Mother -- a classic which Nintendo released only in Japan -- was originally proposed for launch in North America under the name Earthbound, and was even fully translated into English, it was scrapped by Nintendo of America in the 1990s. However, the game’s Super Nintendo sequel was finally launched in America under the Earthbound title.
In the newly-launched Earthbound Beginnings game on the Wii U Virtual Console download service, gamers play as a young boy in a small town, and use a baseball bat to fight enemies. The game is the creation of author Shigesato Itoi, and well-remembered by Japanese gamers of the late 1980s era.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More