Three Caregivers Ill-treat Disabled Nursing Home Patient
In an upsetting video caught by surveillance cameras at the Peninsula Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Far Rockaway, Queens, three nursing home workers can be seen ill-treating a patient, who was left bleeding from his head.
Investigation is going on in the case. As per prosecutors, the nursing home workers ignored the man when he collapsed in front of them and then tried to drag him away.
Later, the disabled man was seen bleeding heavily. The nursing home workers then allegedly left home on the floor for at least 20 minutes. Later, they pulled him back to his room by dragging him from hospital gown.
The workers were nurses Funnmiloloa Taiwo, 34, and Esohe Agbonkpolor, 39, and Emmanuael Ufot, 36. All the three workers were arrested for putting a man’s welfare into risk. For now, it is not clear from which condition the man was suffering from.
According to state prosecutors, Ufot was the one who dragged the patient and others stood by. They said the man fell in front of the nurses, but they hardly did anything. Later, Ufot dragged the patient away by the arm.
New York's Attorney General, Eric Schneiderman, said, “My office will not tolerate nurses who callously fail to treat or endanger injured patients under their care”. He stated that caregivers should know that they will vigorously prosecute behavior that risks the lives of their most vulnerable citizens.
All the three health workers have since quite or been fired.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More