Konami removes all references to Hideo Kojima from ‘The Phantom Pain’ cover
New official images of 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' show that the game's cover does not feature any references to renowned game designer Hideo Kojima - the creator of the Metal Gear Solid series - and his studio, Kojima Productions.
According to reports, the box art of the 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' is similar to the box art of the previous Metal Gear Solid games; but the text 'A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME' is missing. In addition, the new box art also does not have the logo of Kojima Productions; and all references to Kojima have also been removed from the website of the Metal Gear Solid game series.
The images of the 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' game and the removal of Kojima's name from the game's cover substantiate recent reports that Metal Gear game series publisher Konami has parted ways with Kojima, who helped the franchise explode in popularity. Under the leadership of Kojima, the Metal Gear series had become famous as a complex, atypical and incessantly innovative series.
The reports hinting at Konami's split with Kojima had revealed that the two parties will probably break all ties after the launch of 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' in September this year.
Meanwhile, Konami's move to remove Kojima's branding from the final cover of 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' game has apparently angered the Metal Gear fans, especially because the game is, after all, a Kojima creation!
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More