San Francisco Zoo’s missing snake returns
The small venomous snake that was reported missing from San Francisco Zoo's South American Tropical Rainforest exhibit has been found, a spokesperson for the popular zoo announced.
Spokeswoman Nancy Crowley said the 13-inch baron's racer showed up Tuesday afternoon after zookeepers coaxed it out of its hiding spot in the tank in which it was placed.
Announcing the snake's comeback, Crowley said, "It never escaped at all, from what we can tell. It was in the tank that it was always in. The snakes can camouflage themselves when they don't want to be found. We coaxed it out by placing large plants inside the space."
With a hope that the snake was alive and present in the in tank, zoo staff placed large plants inside the tank to encourage the creature to come out of its hiding place.
Joe Fitting, the zoo's deputy director, also confirmed in a statement that the small, green snake is alive and in good health. He added that snakes are amazing creatures that can successfully conceal themselves when they do not want to be found.
Previously, zoo authorities said that the snake had either escaped the exhibit or was eaten by some another animal or bird.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More