Justice Anthony Kennedy visits San Diego ahead of LGBT Pride
Justice Anthony Kennedy recently paid a visit to San Diego as the city is preparing for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) Pride parade.
Less than a month after the historical ruling that ended the ban on same-sex marriage, Justice Kennedy appeared at the 9th Circuit Judicial Conference in San Diego where rainbow flags representing the LGBT community are flying high.
San Diego LGBT Pride's executive director Stephen Whitburn praised the Supreme Court's ruling legalizing same sex marriage, said it really energized the LGBT community.
Speaking on the topic, Whitburn said, "The theme for this year's Pride is liberty and justice for all. I think this ruling that has made marriage equality legal across the country has done a lot to really energize the community."
Fina, a member of the LGBT community, said she was super excited for the Pride parade and everything, including dress and veil, were ready.
San Diego LGBT Pride is a nonprofit organization which sponsors an annual three-day celebration in the city every July. The Pride Parade is preceded by a block party and followed by a two-day Pride Festival. Pride Weekend is considered to be San Diego's biggest civic event. This year's event is scheduled to start on July 17 and run through July 19.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More