California home sales jump nearly 11% in June
Home sales in California jumped nearly 11 per cent month-over-month in June even as property prices reached seven-year highs, thanks to stronger economy and low interest rates.
According to stats released by research firm CoreLogic Inc., home sales jumped for the fourth consecutive month to around 46,095 units regardless of unusually tight supplies. The figure represents a jump of 10.8 per cent in sales from 41,612 units in May this year and 16.8 per cent from 39,460 units in June 2014.
Suburban areas reported particularly stronger sales. Sales of news and existing homes climbed 27 per cent and 30 per cent from a year ago in Contra Costa and Solano counties, respectively.
Even higher prices failed to discourage buyers. New and old houses' median sales price soared to $417,000, up 3 per cent and 6.9 per cent from $405,000 in May and $390,000 in June last year, respectively. June 2015's median sales price was the highest price posted since October 2007.
Analysts attributed the increase in home sales to the combination of low interest rates and better economy.
Stuart Gabriel, the director of UC Los Angeles' Ziman Center for Real Estate, said, "The economy is clearly in a much better place than it was a year ago. The (economic) fundamentals clearly support what we're seeing in the housing market."
Gabriel added that buyers might also be trying to buy a property ahead of a widely anticipated hike in interest rates by the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More