New 2016 Honda Accord will offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as native features
This week, bigwig automaker Honda unveiled its new 2016 model Accord --- the company's first vehicle to boast the incorporation of two competing connected-car platforms: Apple CarPlay and Google's Android Auto.
Introducing the 2016 Accord, Honda said that the new lineup of Accord vehicles will offer both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as native features. Both the connected-car platforms have been designed to support seamless smartphone integration as well as offer a wide array of new features and functions.
The availability of both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connected-car platforms in the 2016 Accord lineup will essentially give the drivers the ability to mirror their smartphones and apps to the Honda Accord's infotainment center.
According to Honda, the availability of both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connected-car technologies, along with other notable technological upgrades, will make the new 2016 Accord "the most high-tech Accord ever."
Highlighting that aspect of the new 2016 Accord, John Mendel - Executive VP of the Automobile Division for American Honda Motor Co. - said: "Customers want their vehicles to be more intelligently integrated with their smartphone-powered lives, and we are committed to delivering that experience starting with Accord."
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More