Bowe Bergdahl had no connection to pot farm where he was seen last weekend
U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was held by the Taliban for nearly five years in Afghanistan, was present at a Northern California marijuana farm when it was raided by deputies last weekend, Mendocino County sheriff's Capt. Greg Van Patten confirmed.
Capt. Pattern, however, added that Bergdahl wasn't taken into custody as had no connection to the marijuana farm. The officer added that the former army sergeant cooperated with investigators.
Speaking about the raid and Bergdahl's presence there, Pattern said, "He was a perfect gentleman. He was cooperative and polite to the investigators."
Lt. Col. Jason Shropshire, a spokesperson for U.S. Army North, said Bergdahl was on an authorized leave in the state at the time when he was seen at the marijuana farm, which had nearly 200 marijuana plants.
Meanwhile a separate report said that Shropshire was escorted to Santa Rosa in California by military personnel to return him to his duty station close to Washington.
Bergdahl was taken back to the United States in May last year as part of a prisoner exchange. U.S. authorities had to release five Taliban militants who were detained at Guantanamo Bay in exchange for Bergdahl.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More