As Amazon announced amazing results, Jeff Bezos gains $7 billion in an hour
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos witnessed a massive jump in his personal wealth within an hour as investors cheered the amazing quarterly results. Amazon announced net income of 19 cents per share ($92 million) for the second quarter. Jeff Bezos became the fifth richest person in the world as Amazon stock jumped 18 percent in afterhours trading.
Forbes now ranks Jeff Bezos as the fifth richest person in the world with $50 billion net worth. Amazon has taken many steps to continue building on its consumer base. Recently, the company topped Black Friday sales with its Prime Day event announced on its 20 years in the market.
Seattle-based Amazon had reported $126 million loss for second quarter last year. With its drone delivery, Prime memberships and amazing discount events, Amazon has managed to remain the best place for online shopping. The company is also expanding in other countries, including India.
With the recent jump in Amazon stock, the retailer has zoomed past Wal-Mart to become the largest retailer in the world. Meanwhile, investors are happy about the performance of online retailer. We can expect analysts to rerate Amazon in days to come.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More