Apple executives’ BMW visit hints that Apple is working on its own car
According to a report published in the July issue of German business monthly Manager Magazin, US tech giant Apple is apparently interested in bigwig German automaker BMW's i3 electric car platform as a basis for its own electric vehicle - the much-rumored Apple Car.
In an indication that Apple is seemingly working on its own car, the Manager Magazin report revealed that some top-notch Apple executives - including CEO Tim Cook - recently met with senior BMW officials in Leipzig, Germany, in connection with a visit to BMW's i3 production line.
During their visit to the BMW's i3 production line, the Apple executives reportedly studied the carbon-fiber body construction of the vehicle.
With the BMW visit by Apple executives evidently substantiating the rumors that Apple is doing something with cars, the Manager Magazin report said that Apple is probably interested in using BMW's i3 carbon fiber body as a base for its own Apple Car electric car project.
Meanwhile, though BMW had denied in March that its i3 electric car would possibly be the Apple Car, the automaker's chief production officer Oliver Zipse told Reuters this month that the company is open to partnerships for manufacturing cars for other companies like Apple or Google.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More