Apple, BMW reported talked about iCar collaboration in 2014
According to a Reuters report, Apple and BMW were apparently in talks about a potential collaboration for the former's iCar project last year; but the talks eventually did not materialize into any partnership between the two companies.
The Reuters report, citing an unidentified BMW source, revealed that Apple CEO Tim Cook and some other top Apple executives visited the BMW headquarters in 2014. The purpose of the visit was to learn more about BMW's production of the i3 electric car.
The BMW source has further disclosed that Apple executives asked detailed questions from the BMW board members about how the automaker's production process - which involves the use of lightweight carbon fiber - for the i3 electric cars.
The sources said that the BMW officials were seemingly willing to provide parts for Apple's rumored electric car project, iCar.
However, the collaboration talks between Apple and BMW ended shortly after the Apple executives' visit to BMW, probably because Apple decided to attempt building the iCar on its own, rather than working with BMW and possibly licensing some of their electric-car technology.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More