Strong El Niño expected to bring unbelievable downpour in California
Parts of bone-dry California will likely get significant relief from drought this winter as El Niño is expected to bring heavy rains to areas where they are needed the most, weather forecasters said.
The National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has predicted at least a 33 per cent greater chance of a wet winter across the Sierra Nevada and the Sacramento Valley in winter.
Earlier this year, weather forecasters limited the likelihood of above-average rainfall to Southern California. But they added most of the Bay Area to the roster around a month ago.
Anthony Artusa, a seasonal forecaster at the Climate Prediction Center of NOAA, said, "Especially with a strong El Niño, as we move into January and February, what we've seen from past El Niños (is) the precipitation will work its way northward through Northern California."
Optimism for a wet winter for the drought-hit Golden State grew along with measurements of a stronger El Niño. Normally, a moderate El Niño improves the chances of a wet winter in Southern California, while a strong El Niño boosts the odds of soaking rainstorms in the north.
As the eastern Pacific is warming up, weather forecasters have pegged the odds of a robust El Nino at 90 per cent.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More