Amazon expands one-hour delivery service to Seattle and three other Washington cities
Amazon has announced expansion of its one-hour delivery service to Seattle and three other Washington cities. Amazon is offering Prime Now through the mobile app exclusively for Prime members to order beer, wine and spirits.
In addition to one-hour delivery for $7.99, Amazon is also offering free two-hour delivery. Prime members can order seven days a week items like wine and beer, ice cream and televisions, among other things.
Well, the service may prove to be great help for customers to save the effort of visiting a store.
Stephenie Landry, director of Amazon's Prime Now service, said, "Customers love the convenience of one-hour delivery and we're excited to bring Prime Now to our hometown customers in Seattle and surrounding areas".
All that members need to start ordering alcoholic beverages online is download the Prime Now app. Manhattan was the first to see the launch of the Amazon app last year.
Amazon attracted vitriol earlier this month after a report from New York Times showed devastating work conditions Amazon employees work in. CEO Jeff Bezos immiadetly came in defense of the company through a memo.
Offering online services to buy alcohol takes Amazon deeper into the growing market for on-demand grocery delivery that already includes companies like Instacart in the US and Postmates.
Wait for the service will be a little longer for Amazon members outside Seattle. Amazon spokesperson told GeekWire that the company wants to learn from customers and if they find offering of alcohol in the Prime Now is really good then the company will expand the offering in other locations as well.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More