USS George Washington departs San Diego
The aircraft carrier USS George Washington on Tuesday pulled away from North Island Naval Air Station in Coronado, California, for a notable deployment, authorities confirmed.
The massive war ship left San Diego yesterday after a nearly month-long visit that it made to participate in a three-flattop swap of homeports and crews. The ship was originally scheduled to depart last Friday but was delayed due to some mechanical issues.
Navy officials, however, declined to specify what kind of mechanical issues delayed the aircraft carrier’s previously set departure. Capt. Timothy Kuehhas, Washington’s skipper, just said that they had all the resources to tackle any issues quickly
The ship will travel south, circumvent South America’s tip and head north to Norfolk, where it will undergo a scheduled mid-life refueling & complex overhaul (RCOH).
Rear Admiral Lisa Franchetti, the commander of Carrier Strike Group 9 aboard USS George Washington, said the ship’s deployment around South America would provide an opportunity to train and operate with key partner nations.
Speaking on the topic, the admiral said, “The George Washington Carrier Strike Group’s deployment around South America provides a valuable opportunity to train and operate with several key partner nations in the region, enhancing cooperation, mutual understanding, and interoperability between our forces.”
USS George Washington is being deployed with Destroyer Squadron 23, Carrier Air Wing 2, guided-missile destroyers USS Chafee and USS McFaul. The massive carrier had arrived in California on August 10 from its previous homeport in Yokosuka, Japan.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More