Sony celebrating 20th anniversary of PlayStation console
Electronics giant Sony's popular PlayStation gaming console turned 20 on Wednesday, September 9, 2015.
The original Sony PlayStation console first hit the store shelves on September 9, 1995. The console offered a comparatively much crisper and more sophisticated game experience for gamers, as compared to Nintendo SNES, Sega, Atari and other earlier gaming consoles.
The 20th anniversary of the PlayStation console is being commemorated by Sony with different sales, releases and videos at the PlayStation Blog.
To celebrate the event, Sony has released an unboxing video for the original PlayStation. In addition, the company is also running a 20th anniversary sale, which includes a horde of games on PS4, PS3, PS Vita and even PSP.
Other attractions announced by Sony in commemoration with the 20th anniversary of the PlayStation console include a new free theme for PS4; trivia at the PlayStation blog; and the cool-looking PS4 20th anniversary gamepad and headset. Though Sony also plans to re-release a 20th anniversary retro PS4, the company has not divulged any details about its availability.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More