UC San Diego ranked 9th among nation’s best public schools
University of California San Diego has once again grabbed one of the top 10 spots on the list of the nation’s best public schools, according to U.S. News & World Report’s latest rankings report.
The 2016 edition of Best Colleges ranked UC San Diego 9th among the nation’s best public schools and 39th amongst all universities.
UC San Diego has been making the top 10 list of public schools for more than a decade. Last year, it was ranked the 8th best public school and 37th-best overall in the nation.
When asked for a comment, Chancellor Pradeep Khosla said, “It is an honor for UC San Diego to be recognized once again as one of the nation’s top public universities. At UC San Diego, we are committed to providing a world-class education for our students and conducting research that benefits our society and world.”
Rankings were based on nominations from presidents of colleges, provosts and admissions deans who were asked to name up to ten schools that make the most ground-breaking improvements in terms of curriculum, faculty, technology and facilities.
UC Berkeley topped the list among public schools, followed by UC Los Angeles, University of Virginia, University of Michigan and University of North Carolina; while Princeton University topped the overall list, followed by Harvard University and Yale University.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More