UC San Diego ranked 9th among nation’s best public schools
University of California San Diego has once again grabbed one of the top 10 spots on the list of the nation’s best public schools, according to U.S. News & World Report’s latest rankings report.
The 2016 edition of Best Colleges ranked UC San Diego 9th among the nation’s best public schools and 39th amongst all universities.
UC San Diego has been making the top 10 list of public schools for more than a decade. Last year, it was ranked the 8th best public school and 37th-best overall in the nation.
When asked for a comment, Chancellor Pradeep Khosla said, “It is an honor for UC San Diego to be recognized once again as one of the nation’s top public universities. At UC San Diego, we are committed to providing a world-class education for our students and conducting research that benefits our society and world.”
Rankings were based on nominations from presidents of colleges, provosts and admissions deans who were asked to name up to ten schools that make the most ground-breaking improvements in terms of curriculum, faculty, technology and facilities.
UC Berkeley topped the list among public schools, followed by UC Los Angeles, University of Virginia, University of Michigan and University of North Carolina; while Princeton University topped the overall list, followed by Harvard University and Yale University.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More