Honda unveils its completely revamped 2016 Civic
A notably overhauled Honda Civic model – the 2016 Honda Civic – was unveiled by Honda Motor Co in Los Angeles last week. The 2016 Honda Civic model is the tenth-generation Civic boasts entirely new underpinnings which will used in all new Civic models sold across the world.
The 2016 Honda Civic will be available in sedan, coupe, hatchback and two high-performance versions.
According to the details shared by Honda, the new 2016 Civic model will be 25mm lower than the old Civic models; and also 68 pounds lighter in weight, thanks largely to the ultra high-strength steel used in 12 percent of its construction. In addition, the new Civic will also be nearly 2-inch wider than its predecessors; and 1.2 inches longer between the wheels.
The 2016 Honda Civic will come with a new body which has been designed exclusively for the car’s new sporty engines. The car will be available two engine options --- a 2.0-liter VTEC inline-four engine; and a 1.5-liter turbocharged, direct injection VTEC inline-four engine. The car will also feature a fastback-style tail.
Describing the 2016 Civic model as “the most ambitious remake of Civic we (Honda) have ever done,” American Honda Motor’s Executive VP John Mendel said: “We are bringing more new technology and innovative thinking to Civic than ever before to establish a new benchmark for fun-to-drive performance, fuel efficiency, safety performance and refinement in the compact class.”
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More