Fingernail Glue Mistakenly Put Into Eye of Woman Left Her Eye Shut
A woman from Florida glued here eye shut after her friend mistook a small bottle of fingernail glue for eye drops. The woman is presently getting medical treatment, local news station WPBF reported Wednesday.
Katherine Gaydos of Lantana said that she got a piece of debris in her eye when she was blowing leaves last week. She immediately asked her friend for help and instead of coming back with an eye drop, the friend returned with a small bottle of fingernail glue, a product used to apply artificial nails or tips.
Gaydos told WPBF-TV that as soon as the glue entered her eye she started feeling burning sensation and she said she screamed ‘Call 911’.
But when Gaydos first spoke with the station, eight days after the accident, her eye was still stuck shut. She told that a doctor had given her antibiotics and an ointment, but wouldn’t treat her any further because she didn’t have the money to pay him.
After her story made headline, the doctor called her back and a different doctor got her eye open. The doctor also gave her a future appointment to scrape the remaining glue off her cornea.
The Palm Beach Eye Center in Lake Worth, where WPBF noted Gaydos had received treatment, told The Huffington Post they were unable to comment on a patient without a medical release.
Dr. Pankaj Gupta, assistant professor of ophthalmology at Case Western Reserve University, told ABC News that he has seen several such types of cases.
"Something blew into my eye and I screamed for someone else to get eye drops out of my purse, and they brought super glue and poured it in my eye," she said.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More