Criticism of Planned Parenthood Telling on Women’s Health: Claim Experts
Amid the Congress representatives coming down heavily on the utilization of funds by Planned Parenthood and advocating a halt in future funding of the agency, experts said that women’s are at the receiving end.
Laura Goodhue, executive director of the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, said that there are 16 health centers being managed by the agency where abortion services are provided. Owing to frequent raids and inspections, which did not signify any misdeeds at the centre, the workers are being put to inconvenience and patients have been suffering.
"Thirty-four percent of counties don't have an OBGYN provider. We think access to preventive care for women is so crucial, and we know that there are a lot of barriers. The turmoil has created more hostile atmosphere in Florida," said Goodhue.
The agency came under scanner after a “social” group released videos, few months ago, showing Planned Parenthood’s business of selling aborted fetuses. Since then, several congressmen have been pointing fingers towards the agency, though final investigations are still awaited.
The House finally decided to conduct a probe into the matter. This probe will linger on the controversies for another one year, sources said.
Goodhue pointed towards the House Bill 1 that makes it mandatory for abortion service providers to have rights to admit women at hospitals within 30 miles of the clinic. She said that these restrictions will make no difference to the wrongdoings, if at there existed any. It will only add to the troubles, she averred.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More