Samsung's new Tizen-powered Z3 handset will be available in India on Oct 21
In a Wednesday post on the Samsung Tomorrow blog, Samsung has announced its new handset -- the Samsung Z3 -- powered by the company's own Tizen operating system. The Z3 is a low-cost handset, aimed at the consumers in emerging markets.
The newly-announced Samsung Z3 is the second Samsung handset running the Tizen software, instead of the Google Android OS which powers the majority of Samsung’s popular handsets. The first Samsung handset running the Tizen OS was the Z1 smartphone.
Announcing the new Z3 smartphone, Samsung said that the device is scheduled to hit the Indian market on October 21. The cost of the handset in India will be Rs. 8,490 (approximately $130).
The hardware of the new Samsung Z3 handset is cased in a slim, metallic body with lightly curved edges to the rear. Some of the most notable features of the Z3 handset include a 5-inch HD Super AMOLED display; a 1.3GHz quad-core processor; 1GB of RAM; an 8-megapixel rear camera; a 5-megapixel front-facing camera; a 2,600mAh battery; and 8GB of onboard storage capacity, expandable via a microSD slot.
About the new Z3 handset, J.K. Shin -- the CEO and head of Samsung’s IT and mobile business -- said in a statement. "We developed the Samsung Z3 to provide the features that will help consumers capitalize on the growing Tizen ecosystem and make the most out of their personal mobile experience."
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More