Driver must keep their hands on car’s steering wheel even when Autopilot feature is on, says Elon Musk
Tesla will launch its new over-the-air software update in the next few days. Version 7.0 will bring Autopilot self-driving capability in the Model S. The system puts in uses equipment that has been present in every Model S. Experts said that activating Autopilot is majorly like using a car’s cruise control.
Autopilot will of help when it comes to parking. The hardware owing to which it would be possible includes forward radar, a forward-looking camera, 12 long-range ultrasonic sensors that are capable of 16 feet area around the car, electric assist braking system and GPS.
Every Model S will send back real-time data to Tesla that would ensure that Autopilot continues to learn and improve itself. It shall however, be noted that the driver will remain be the one to be responsible for having the control of the car.
Therefore, it can be said that Autopilot is used best when on the highway as then the car will maintain its lane, a set speed and safe distance between the vehicles. Tesla has a suggestion to make that even when Autopilot is on, drivers must keep their hands on the steering wheel.
Elon said, “The hardware and software are not yet at the point where a driver can abdicate responsibility”.
Another great feature of Autopilot is that the system will come up with a warning that prompts the driver to take over if any situation comes that cannot be handled by Autopilot.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More