Georgia Aquarium’s beloved 21-year-old beluga whale named Maris dies suddenly
On Thursday, Georgia Aquarium announced that their beloved 21-year-old beluga whale known as Maris has suddenly died. Maris was among the three belugas at the Aquarium. In a statement, Mike Leven, Aquarium's chairman and chief executive officer, said Maris was among Georgia Aquarium's first beluga whales. Mike Leven mentioned that the whale had inspired millions of guests every year.
Mike Leven added that all the animal care and veterinary teams had created a very special bond with Maris over the last 10 years, and mentioned that this unexpected loss was difficult and painful.
In a statement, the Aquarium said that Maris showed all signs that are shown by a healthy whale. It added that the adorable whale had been eating and interacting with the other two beluga whales normally at the Aquarium.
Dr. Gregory Bossart, senior vice-president and chief veterinary officer of Georgia Aquarium, said, "This is a case of sudden, acute animal death. Our animals receive exceptional care, and our dedicated team of experts responded to her within minutes to render aid".
The Aquarium said presently an animal autopsy is going on. It mentioned that veterinarians are working with pathologists from University of Georgia to find out the cause of her death. People can go to the beluga whale habitat as it is open to them with whales Qinu and Grayson.
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
- Samsung SDI to invest $849 million to expand EV battery plant in Hungary
- Pennsylvania Lottery on track to break revenue record: Drew Svitko
- Frigid temperatures & ice storms force Oklahoma Cherokee casinos to close again
- Former Las Vegas 311 Boyz gang member & his girlfriend nabbed in Idaho
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More