Apple, Samsung account for 87% of postpaid smartphone sales in US
According to the latest statistics released by mobile-focused research firm BayStreet Research, nearly 87 percent of the postpaid smartphone sales in the US are owned by the two big smartphone vendors – Apple and Samsung.
The BayStreet Research figures clearly show that Apple and Samsung together account for a whopping majority of the postpaid smartphone sales at the four leading US wireless carriers – AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
The statistics also obviously imply that all the ‘other’ smartphone vendors – leaving aside Apple and Samsung – are vying for only 13 percent of the US postpaid smartphone market, which is the highest-spending segment of the country’s mobile market.
These ‘other’ smartphone vendors include Motorola, ZTE, Sony, HTC, Huawei, LG, BlackBerry, Microsoft, Alcatel, Sharp, and Nextbit, among others.
Meanwhile, so far as the situation in the US prepaid smartphone market is concerned, things are slightly better than the postpaid market. The prepaid market includes the carriers' sub-brands like MetroPCS, Cricket, Virgin, and Boost, and also the 25 million-strong TracFone brands. In this market, Apple and Samsung together account for 71 percent of the sales; with ‘other’ vendors fighting for the remaining 29 percent of the market.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More