APRA: Kananaskis rifle-and-shotgun range will be closed at end of 2015
According to an announcement made on the Alberta Provincial Rifle Association (APRA) website, a public gun range at Sibbald Flats in Kananaskis Country will be closed at the end of this year.
About the imminent closure of the popular Kananaskis rifle-and-shotgun range in 2015-end, the APRA website said that the decision has been taken after taking into consideration the ongoing concerns about irresponsible behavior of shooters.
APRA – the non-profit group which runs the Kananaskis rifle-and-shotgun range near Hwy. 68 – said that most of the shooters using the gun range are irresponsible, and thus pose a safety risk to other people.
APRA said that the Kananaskis rifle-and-shotgun range was originally perceived as a place for the general public to use for activities like sighting of rifles prior to hunting season, but it has now been overtaken by irresponsible users.
Asserting that irresponsible shooters using the gun grange leave a mess for others to clean up, the APRA website – announcing the year-end closure of the gun range – said: “Responsible use has been largely overshadowed by range users who have taken to using the range as a place to shoot up and dump items they’d rather not take to the landfill.”
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More